40. Breast Cancer Show Ever (Season 12, Episode 09) There’s something very Batman about this episode, and females might like it for being one of the few episodes taken from the perspective of a girl even though the ending doesn’t give her a classic heroine’s triumph, though very few characters in South Park get that […]
Read more "Best of South Park – 40 – Breast Cancer Show Ever"
39. Chef Aid (Season 2, Episode 14) The infamous Chewbacca defence: the 100% reliable blueprint on how to acquit criminals – I mean falsely accused defendants – of any alleged crime. “Well I’ll be sodomized on Christmas” -Chef R.I.P. Isaac Hayes
Read more "Best of South Park – 39 – Chef Aid"
38. Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow (Season 9, Episode 08) We didn’t listen, and Roland Emmerich is the Messiah. Finding a solution is not important. Finding who’s to blame is. This episode is a lot like the older South Park (particularly Season 2) where the social commentary is more broadly drawn, and they’re not just reacting to […]
Read more "Best of South Park – 38 – Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow"
37. Chinpoko Mon (Season 3, Episode 10) Exposing the real motive for Japanese exports of the time – anime, tamagotchi – they were the Asian attempt at copying the US method of mindless programming, to distract kids and lure them into evil. Well, ok, wasting time and rotting their brains. “My penis, he said, was most […]
Read more "Best of South Park – 37 – Chinpokomon"
36. Tsst (Season 10, Episode 07) Part homage to Cesar Millan, part treatise on bad parenting, this episode examines parents who are unable to discipline their kids because their lives are directionless, so they end up raising bratty dipshits. But even the Dog Whisperer can only change the outward behaviour of Cartman, who ultimately “wins” […]
Read more "Best of South Park – 36 – Tsst"
35. Kenny Dies (Season 5, Episode 13) The anti-climactic ending is classic disinterested South Park from the earlier seasons, failing to resolve the tension of the most dramatic storyline in the show’s running history. Yet the episode still works in its own way as “post-traumatic satire.” “Sometimes God takes someone close to us because it […]
Read more "Best of South Park – 35 – Kenny Dies"
34. Insheeption (Season 14, Episode 10) They were a bit late with this spoof and they goofed some of the lines, but it’s still one of the more hilarious summaries we have of that crappy movie nobody remembers. “If they don’t [wake him] it will be the end of Europe as we know it.” “Why?” “Because.” […]
Read more "Best of South Park – 34 – Insheeption"
33. The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers (Season 6, Episode 13) Kids just being kids, inventing quests to explore the world through fantasy, suddenly falling onto the recipe that destroys innocence. This episode was the positive spin-off of the hope and vision Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings adaptations […]
Read more "Best of South Park – 33 – The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers"
32. The Snuke (Season 11, Episode 04) Still in top storytelling form from the prior episodes of this season, Matt and Trey take Hilldog to the cleaners just because. “If we don’t find that detonator, everyone in the town of South Park is going to die… for ever.” -Agent Thompson
Read more "Best of South Park – 32 – The Snuke"
31. Cartoon Wars Part I & II (Season 10, Episodes 03 & 04) A two part rally for free speech and common sense. Part 1 is really the metaphysical sequel to episode 908, and Part 2 is the culmination of the homage/rip on Family Guy. “If we’re still alive in the morning, then we’ll know we’re […]
Read more "Best of South Park – 31 – Cartoon Wars Part I & II"