10. The Simpsons Already Did It (Season 6, Episode 07) Cartman sucks sea men out of a hose and Butters turns a nightmarish realization into homage for The Simpsons. Through some form of comedic genius, including Cartman in full singing voice, this is one of the best examples of South Park joining the foul aesthetic […]Read more "Best of South Park – 10 – The Simpsons Already Did It"
9. Christian Rock Hard (Season 7, Episode 09) Inspiration. That’s the key you guys. With the basic premise of Eric making a bet with Kyle leading to the top pop groups staging a strike on his front lawn, Christian Rock Hard makes mince meat out of “hardcore” rock groups that appear edgy but are just […]Read more "Best of South Park – 09 – Christian Rock Hard"
8. A Ladder to Heaven (Season 6, Episode 12) Heaven is a state of mind, like this place, right now, and maybe we can work towards making it a reality here, on Earth. Amen. Before he died for good, Kenny was the last person with the boys’ ticket to candy heaven, so now they have […]Read more "Best of South Park – 08 – A Ladder to Heaven"
7. Go God Go Part I & XII (Season 10, Episodes 12 & 13) Cartman goes to the future and rides ostriches with otters, but would rather just play the damned Nintendo Wii, learning (or not) a bit about God, knowledge, and self in the process. These episodes are a testament to belief, and a […]Read more "Best of South Park – 07 – Go God Go & Go God Go XII"
6. More Crap (Season 11, Episode 09) The denouement for this episode is Scott Tenorman Must Die without the murdering murder. If you’re a celebrity with a bloated sense of self-importance (so in other words, if you’re a celebrity) South Park will take you to the cleaners. Bono had this coming, and as usual, the timing was […]Read more "Best of South Park – 06 – More Crap"
5. Good Times with Weapons (Season 8, Episode 01) “Boys just being boys,” the spirit of this one is hard to deny: flying free, flying high, kicking ass and having a blast. It’s the reason why show creators Stone and Parker always count it as one of their best, and why fans agreed and voted […]Read more "Best of South Park – 05 – Good Times with Weapons"
4. Fat Butt and Pancake Head (Season 7, Episode 05) Celebrities go down hard in South Park, and the already tired “pop-diva” persona of the time was ripe for picking. In addition, the reality that pop stars of this type are as good as hand puppets hits home neatly. The real star of the episode […]Read more "Best of South Park – 04 – Fat Butt and Pancake Head"
3. Not Without My Anus (Season 2, Episode 01) Most hated them for it, and most still can’t get into this episode, but looking back it was the best prank of the past few decades of TV, perhaps ever. It’s satire at its highest level, where the absurdity of society’s expectations are subverted and re-imaged […]Read more "Best of South Park – 03 – Not Without My Anus"
2. Scott Tenorman Must Die (Season 5, Episode 01) This episode is Tom and Jerry or Bugs Bunny with a psychological edge and a twist ending, but in the context of South Park, its history, and the social consciousness of the comedy world at the time, it was a turning point and defining moment for […]Read more "Best of South Park – 02 – Scott Tenorman Must Die"
1. Fishsticks (Season 13, Episode 05) Do we really live in a time where it’s frowned upon to say outright that Kanye West and his whore wife are morons? Yes, we do, because “moron” and “whore” are swear words to people who look up to whores and morons. Big surprise. Because no one else will, […]Read more "Best of South Park – 01 – Fishsticks"